Queenstown - The Adventure Capital of The world
At a glance, Queenstown may look like a sleepy mountain village, however, look deeper and the adrenaline-fuelled luge and The Ledge will tell you otherwise. Home to the best ski runs on earth, as well as a huge range of other adventure activities, a night of fun and drinking, will be more than welcome after the crazy days on offer. With DJ’s pumping out music high in the mountains, and cowboys raising their whisky glasses in the streets below, Queenstown is full of adrenaline junkies and backpackers from all over the globe.
Queenstown is known as the adventure capital of the world for no reason. For anyone wanting to get the adrenaline pumping then this is an adventure lovers paradise. From helicopter rides, zip lining and white water rafting, Queenstown has it all, with a breathtaking mountainous backdrop as an added bonus. With people descending on Queenstown from all over the world you’re never far away from parties, hot tubs and memories that will live with you forever.
- Queenstown is home to the world’s first commercial bungee jump at Kawarau Bridge.
- People over 75 can bungee jump for free in Queenstown, the oldest to do so was 94 and from Southland, NZ.
- The Winter Festival started in 1974 when hotel workers wanted to get drunk and party before tourists arrived.
- To skip the queues at the legendary Fregburger, place an order over the phone and collect when you arrive.
Beer – 6 NZD
Lunch – 9 NZD
Club entry – 15 NZD
Tips – Not expected
- There are over 200 crazy activities and adventures to chose from.
- The ski season with the Winterfest Games in which the worlds best snowboarders and skiers compete.
- There are tons of themed bars including Rhino’s Ski Shack, Minus 5 Ice Bar and the Pog Mahone’s Irish Pub.
See More Info
Experience is the name of the game in Queenstown. Well-known for being the birthplace of bungee jumping, it is no surprise it likes to be known as the “adventure capital of the world”. You’ll find no end to the exciting activities to try your hand at in Queenstown: zip-lining, Alpine Heli-skiing, hiking and cycling are just a few pulse-raising pursuits available.
If you want to get your heart beating and adrenaline pumping, you won’t need to search for long in Queenstown, but it isn’t just a thrill seeker’s paradise. If you’re looking for something a little less heart-racing, why not marvel over the sights at New Zealand’s third largest lake: Lake Wakatipu, or visit one of the city’s charming vineyards. You can even take one of the wine-trail tours on offer and sample a collection.
You can also sample the art scene in Queenstown thanks to a number of popular art galleries and centres throughout the city. Local artist, Evan Clarke’s gallery is a popular experience with art-loving visitors to Queenstown.
WHY USE US
- Friendly Team
- Free quotes
- Group discounts
- Easy payment system
- VIP Nightclub passes
- Experienced staff hunt down the cheapest package prices for you.
- No hidden fees
- Pay Later Options Available
- Arrange bed configurations
- Group Hotel Discounts Guaranteed*
- Unique Party Ideas
- Package Specials
- Discount Activities
- Hand Picked Party Hotels
- Accommodation, Flights, Transfers, Insurance and Activities.
- Partnered With Expedia To Offer Price Match Guarantee.
- Friendly & Personal service.
- Custom Packages
- Access To The Best Parties
- Special requests