Melbourne - The sporting capital of the world
Melbourne is the second largest city in Australia and the capital of its culture. It has so much to offer, from the bustling bars on the banks of the Yarra in the CBD to the relaxed terraces on the beach. Melbourne holds world-class sporting events and some of the biggest sports competitions on the Australian calendar. It is a bustling city of culture which is reflected through its clubs, bars and live gigs.
Melbourne has some great nightlife with secret lanes and rooftop bars. One minute you’ll be walking down a graffitied alley and the next you’ll stumble on an awesome club. On the shores of St Kilda, there numerous pubs and taverns where you’ll find live bands and terraces where you can watch the sun go down. If you’re looking for something a bit edgier, Fitzroy has some excellent bars with character and up and coming DJs playing live sets.
- Melbourne used to be called Batmania and has the highest number of restaurants and cafés per person in the world.
- The world-famous Australian beer, Fosters, was created in Melbourne, but it was made by two Americans!
- It is illegal to trade with a pirate in Melbourne.
- There are a few tram routes which are free for tourists to use, however, most you will need a ticket for.
- This city can experience four seasons of weather in a day.
- Melbourne has been named the best city in the world so many times.
- Amazing food & Coffee
- Great bars and Clubs
- Top Wineries
- Awesome rooftop bars overlooking the city.
See More Info
Australia’s original hipster-city boasts the greatest European influence of maybe any other in the country, with one section of Collins Street being nicknamed the “Paris end” due to its building style and popularity with the artistic community in the past.
Some American city influence is also seen with distinctly New York style high rises lined in a neat grid formation. However, Melbourne is anything but a duplicate; it is unique and full of its very own character.
With an artsy, liberal air to its subculture, the entire city of Melbourne simply oozes cool.
A diverse range of inner-city neighbourhoods spoils you for choice with their cafes, bars, restaurants and communities. Vietnamese food on Victoria Street, Baklava from a Jewish bakery, Asian cuisine from Chinatown or Middle Eastern delicacies in Brunswick. Melbourne is simply a culinary adventure of epic proportions.
Just as diverse as the culinary delights on offer in Melbourne are the sporting calendar. The city has a passionate community of Australian rule football or “footy” as the locals know it. With 9 teams based in the area, it shouldn’t be too hard to find a game to watch. Formula One’s Australian Grand Prix and The Australian Open of tennis are also hosted in the city. Sport is ingrained in the very social fabric of Melbourne.
Also, check out-out our top 10 Sydney bucks party ideas blog post for more ideas.
WHY USE US
- Friendly Team
- Free quotes
- Group discounts
- Easy payment system
- VIP Nightclub passes
- Experienced staff hunt down the cheapest package prices for you.
- No hidden fees
- Pay Later Options Available
- Arrange bed configurations
- Group Hotel Discounts Guaranteed*
- Unique Party Ideas
- Package Specials
- Discount Activities
- Hand Picked Party Hotels
- Accommodation, Flights, Transfers, Insurance and Activities.
- Partnered With Expedia To Offer Price Match Guarantee.
- Friendly & Personal service.
- Custom Packages
- Access To The Best Parties
- Special requests