Melbourne - The sporting capital of the world
Melbourne is the second largest city in Australia and the capital of it’s culture. It has so much to offer, from the bustling bars on the banks of the Yarra in the CBD, to the relaxed terraces on the beach. Melbourne holds world class sporting events and some of the biggest sports competitions in the Australian calendar. It is a bustling city of culture which is reflected through it’s clubs, bars and live gigs.
- Melbourne has been named World’s Ultimate Sports City three times, hosting everything from F1, tennis, horse racing, cricket, rugby, and AFL.
- Melbourne has some awesome rooftop bars over looking the city and great restaurants lining the narrow streets around Flinders Street Station.
Best Hotel Rates Guaranteed*
As the leader in online group booking technology, we guaranteeto have the best group hotel rates or we will pay for your hotel room!
See More Info
Melbourne has some great nightlife with secret lanes and rooftop bars. One minute you’ll be walking down an graffitied alley and the next you’ll stumble on an awesome club. On the shores on St Kilda, there numerous pubs and taverns where you’ll find live bands and terraces where you can watch the sun go down. If you’re looking for something a bit more edgy, Fitztroy has some excellent bars with character and up and coming DJs playing live sets.
- Melbourne used to be called Batmania and has the highest number of restaurants and cafés per person in the world.
- The world famous Australian beer, Fosters, was created in Melbourne, but it was made by two Americans!
- It is illegal to trade with a pirate in Melbourne.
- There are a few tram routes which are free for tourists to use, however most you will need a ticket for.
- This city can experience four seasons of weather in a day.
Footy Trips | Adventure Holidays
- Free quotes
- Group discounts
- Easy payment system
- Sporting Event tickets
- Music festival & Concert tickets
- 271,000 Hotels worldwide
- 300+ activities
- VIP Nightclub passes
- Experienced staff
- No hidden fees