Cairns - Gateway to The Great Barrier Reef
Known as the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and once a sugar milling town, Cairns is now a huge party destination with waterfront bars, casinos and clubs. With the sunshine all year round, Cairns is a tourist hub for people around the world that come to socialise down the strip, see live gigs and dive the reef.
Take a cruise to the reef or a cable car over the rainforest. Cairns is home to over 600 attractions that will fill a day with adrenaline and excitement. There’s everything from chic bars like Salt House to Irish pubs and party buses.
- The Great Barrier Reef is bigger than the UK, Switzerland and Holland combined.
- Cairns is home to the world’s most dangerous bird, the Cassowary, it has been known to seriously injure dogs and humans.
- Cairns is home to the worlds longest single day mail run, taking over 9 hours to fly 1450km with ten stops to Cape York.
- Book trips to the reef by sea or air well in advance as it’s first on everyone’s list.
- Home to saltwater crocodiles… not wise to swim in saltwater creeks and tidal rivers or go near the water’s edge.
- Cairns is the main gateway to the legendary coral reef where there are countless ways to view this natural phenomenon.
- Home to a huge man-made lagoon in the city centre
- It is a great place to meet people from all over the world, as it is usually the last stop for backpackers up the East coast.
See More Info
Pronounced “cans”, Cairns is a far cry from the boggy swampland it used to be. Nowadays, Cairns represents a true tourist resort filled with bars, restaurants, gift shops and hotels suitable for travellers of all budgets.
You can’t argue the unmistakable holiday aura that surrounds the city with its relaxed “shorts and T-shirt” atmosphere and humid warmth. Set on the foreshore of Cairns, you’ll find the stunning Esplanade Lagoon where you can catch the rays and swim in safety. The northern beaches are also very local at just a short bus ride distance away.
Don’t listen to the old-hats who argue the soul of Cairns has been sucked away; the city radiates an atmosphere that just screams “holiday”. It is almost impossible to come to Cairns and still be concerned by the thought of work and schedules; this place is the definition of a holiday destination.
WHY USE US
- Friendly Team
- Free quotes
- Group discounts
- Easy payment system
- VIP Nightclub passes
- Experienced staff hunt down the cheapest package prices for you.
- No hidden fees
- Pay Later Options Available
- Arrange bed configurations
- Group Hotel Discounts Guaranteed*
- Unique Party Ideas
- Package Specials
- Discount Activities
- Hand Picked Party Hotels
- Accommodation, Flights, Transfers, Insurance and Activities.
- Partnered With Expedia To Offer Price Match Guarantee.
- Friendly & Personal service.
- Custom Packages
- Access To The Best Parties
- Special requests