Cairns - Gateway to The Great Barrier Reef
Known as the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and once a sugar milling town, Cairns is now a huge party destination with waterfront bars, casinos and clubs. With the sunshine all year round, Cairns is a tourist hub for people around the world that come to socialise down the strip, see live gigs and dive the reef.
- Cairns is the main gateway to the legendary coral reef where there are countless ways to view this natural phenomenon.
- Home to a huge man-made lagoon in the city centre
- It is a great place to meet people from all over the world, as it is usually the last stop for backpackers up the East coast.
Best Hotel Rates Guaranteed*
As the leader in online group booking technology, we guaranteeto have the best group hotel rates or we will pay for your hotel room!
See More Info
Take a cruise to the reef or a cable car over the rainforest. Cairns is home to over 600 attractions that will fill a day with adrenaline and excitement. There’s everything from chic bars like Salt House to Irish pubs and party buses.
- The Great Barrier Reef is bigger than the UK, Switzerland and Holland combined.
- Cairns is home to the world’s most dangerous bird, the Cassowary, it has been known to seriously injure dogs and humans.
- Cairns is home to the worlds longest single day mail run, taking over 9 hours to fly 1450km with ten stops to Cape York.
- Book trips to the reef by sea or air well in advance as it’s first on everyone’s list.
- Home to saltwater crocodiles… not wise to swim in saltwater creeks and tidal rivers or go near the waters edge.
- Free quotes
- Group discounts
- Easy payment system
- Sporting Event tickets
- Music festival & Concert tickets
- 271,000 Hotels worldwide
- 300+ activities
- VIP Nightclub passes
- Experienced staff
- No hidden fees