Byron Bay - One of Australia's Best Surfing Towns
The town of Byron Bay has a trendy cool vibe with a mix of surfers, travellers and party-goers rolled into one. Combine this with miles of white beaches and awesome venues such as The Rails and Cheeky Monkeys, Byron Bay is up there in the best places to surf and party in Australia.
Byron Bay is a surfers dream, which explains why it’s full of camper vans and surfer dudes who can teach you to ride the waves. It’s a chilled and relaxed atmosphere by day but comes nightfall there’s a good mix of bars and clubs playing reggae, dance and live music. With golden beaches and clear waters, it’s the perfect place to soak up the sun, surf and party.
- Byron Bay is Australia’s most Easterly point on the mainland.
- In 1770, Captain Cook named Byron Bay as he was sailing past.
- Byron was nothing but coastline until surfers in the 60’s discovered it’s great surfing spots.
- You should definitely take a day trip to Nimbin, only 25 minutes drive inland and probably one of the wackiest places in Australia.
- If you want to stand at Australia most easterly point, visit the lighthouse.
- Byron is home to ‘Splendour In The Grass’ and ‘Bluesfest’, two of the biggest music festivals in the Australian calendar.
- It has some of the best surfing spots in Australia, which is how this town began its humble beginnings in the 60s and 70s.
- There is nothing quite like sipping a beer, watching the sunset on the most easterly point of Australia before heading for a wild night at Cheeky Monkeys.
See More Info
Ever-popular and full of life, Byron Bay has become one of the must-visit destinations in Australia, but it isn’t just the stunningly perfect beaches that draw the crowds. The bay is known for its surf, scuba and diving— but there is much more to it than that.
This free-spirited town is as welcoming as it is beautiful. Backpackers, models, hippies, entrepreneurs, artists and musicians are just a few examples of the kinds of people that supply this vibrant town with its unique atmosphere. Join them by partaking in anything from yoga and fasting to drinking beer and surfing the epic waves. Or, simply kick back and enjoy some of the most dazzling beach sunsets on the planet.
Byron Bay is all about the “vibe” and it definitely has a vibe all of its own that deserves to be experienced by all.
WHY USE US
- Friendly Team
- Free quotes
- Group discounts
- Easy payment system
- VIP Nightclub passes
- Experienced staff hunt down the cheapest package prices for you.
- No hidden fees
- Pay Later Options Available
- Arrange bed configurations
- Group Hotel Discounts Guaranteed*
- Unique Party Ideas
- Package Specials
- Discount Activities
- Hand Picked Party Hotels
- Accommodation, Flights, Transfers, Insurance and Activities.
- Partnered With Expedia To Offer Price Match Guarantee.
- Friendly & Personal service.
- Custom Packages
- Access To The Best Parties
- Special requests